Question and answer about the club.
We’ve placed common questions we get about the club here. If these don’t suffice, please get in touch with us. We continually add new topics!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where can I register for rides?
- Make sure to RSVP on our Facebook page. If you don’t have Facebook please send us an email to let us know that you’re coming, and which ride you’re planning on attending.
2. Is there a fee to being part of the club?
- There is no fee to being part of the Ryerson University Cycling Club.
3. Are you affiliated with the Ryerson Bike Room?
4. What times of the year does the club run/hold events?
- In general, all year round (Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall). Rides are bi-weekly and run from Early April until the end of November/first fall of snow. Events where RUCC takes part in can take place all year round and members are encouraged to partake!
5. What day(s) of the week do rides take place?
- For 2020 rides are currently cancelled.
- Casual and Club Rides generally take place on Saturday and Sunday mornings beginning at 9 AM.
- The schedule for Mountain biking and Competitive rides has not been determined yet. When we start up for the Spring/Summer months, we’ll have a schedule picked out!
6. What’s a typical RUCC route look like?
- Routes are mostly on paved trails/dedicated bike infrastructure. However, the route is always provided in advance of a ride and depending on the discipline, may take different types of terrain. A good example is the Mountain Biking discipline.
- Favorite landmarks to visit include: The Leslie Spit, Woodbine Beach, Humber Bridge, Amos Waites Park, Scarborough Bluffs, Evergreen Brickworks, to name a few.
- Rides are generally casual and friendly. We will sometimes stop by an establishment to cool off and get to know each other.
7. Is the club open to non-Ryerson students or is it for the Ryerson University Community only?
- The Ryerson University Cycling Club is open to everyone, Ryerson or non-Ryerson. In that regard, please check question 8.
8. What are the requirements to join the club?
- You will need:
- ✅ a bicycle in good working condition. We don’t currently offer bike rentals/discounts, but it something we are working towards in the future.
- ✅ a helmet, please bring one on our rides.
- ✅ signed waiver. For your first ride, arrive at least ten minutes early to sign our general waiver on behalf or Ryerson. Anyone can sign it, check question 7.
- ✅ your charisma for cycling!
9. Do you have any cycling related content (maps, handbooks)?
- We have some City of Toronto Cycling maps, as well as the official cycling handbook provided by Cycle Toronto. We have limited stocks, but given a request Luis can get you one within two weeks. Send him an email here.
10. None of these questions match my question. What can I do?
- Reach out to us! Fill in the contact form with your email address and one of our team-members will get back to you within a reasonable time.